Belgrade, 5 June 2019.
The Belgrade office of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is looking for a
project manager (permanent, full-time)
in Belgrade by 01 October 2019.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is a German political foundation that operates both nationally and internationally. In keeping with its eponym, it is committed to the thought and action of the socialist Rosa Luxemburg. We are committed to work within the traditions of the global workers, women, anti-fascist and anti-war movements and we are advocating the ideas of Democratic Socialism.
Our office for Southeast Europe (SEE) was opened in 2010 in Belgrade. With funds from the German Ministry for Foreign Affairs, it supports non-profit organizations in Albania, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia and Slovenia. We are working on two levels. (1) Supporting workers, women, Roma, antifascist and LGBT groups engaged in social rights advocacy and the building of networks for self-organization; (2) Supporting the elaboration of alternative policies, which are based on social rights and democratization in order to counter the neoliberal domination, and supporting of the elaboration of a differentiated and critical discourse on the history of the left in the region.
YOUR TASKS INCLUDE
- analysing the political situation and mapping of left wing initiatives;
- knowledge about trade-unionism and trade unions in Southeast Europe;
- conception of content and editing of publications of RLS Office for Southeast Europe in BHS and English language;
- management of projects of partner organizations;
- management of own activities of the RLS Belgrade office;
- cooperating with institutions, NGOs, and other partners of the office;
- supporting other projects of the office;
- performing general office tasks.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- relevant working experience and academic background;
- demonstrated experience in project management and event organization, particularly in collaboration with NGOs, social movements and other political/civil society players including administrative handling, planning, organizing, reporting and documentation;
- very good knowledge of the political landscape in Southeast Europe, especially on left actors and trade-unions;
- experience in project management and in organising events, in particular in cooperation with NGOs, political parties, political groups, social movements and other political and civil society actors;
- an excellent command of English – knowledge of another language from Southeast Europe is advantageous;
- knowledge of German language is advantageous;
- good computer skills;
- identification with the values of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung;
- communication and organisation skills, team spirit;
- willingness and availability to travel and to occasionally work on weekends and evenings.
WHAT WE OFFER
- a diverse field of responsibility with great potential for creativity and development;
- a broad international network of RLS offices and partners;
- an open minded and friendly work environment;
- salary and benefits are comparable to other international non-governmental organisations.
Please send your detailed job application, in English, including a motivation letter, CV, University Diploma respectively profession certificates and references by email (preferably in one file) until 30 June 2019 under the subject JOB APPLICATION to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged. Job interviews will take place in the week from 08 to 12 July 2019 in Belgrade by notification/invitation. The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is an equal opportunities employer.
Want to know more about us?
Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung BERLIN: https://www.rosalux.de
Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung BELGRADE: https://www.rosalux.rs